Guidance Software's (GUID) EnCase platform provides an investigative infrastructure that enables its customers to search, collect, and analyze electronically stored information in order to address human resources matters, litigation matters, allegations of fraud, suspicious network endpoint activity and defend their organization's data assets. This stock is trading up 9% at $10.77 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 189,000Average Volume: 88,291 Volume % Change: 186% Shares of GUID are soaring today after the company beat Wall Street earnings estimates by 3 cents and raised its 2012 EPS guidance. From a technical perspective, GUID is gapping up sharply here with above average volume. This move has pushed GUID into breakout territory, since the stock has cleared some overhead resistance levels at $9.97 to $10.20. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GUID as long as its trending above today's low of $10.28 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 88,291 shares as bullish. If we continue to see that trend, then GUID will have a great chance to re-test and possibly take out it next major overhead resistance levels at $11.56 to $11.87.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV