Conceptus (CPTS) designs, develops, markets and promotes solutions in women's health care. Conceptus' flagship product is the Essure permanent birth control procedure, which is the non-surgical permanent birth control system. This stock is trading up 5.4% at $19.60 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 545,000Average Volume: 283,574 Volume % Change: 268% From a technical perspective, CPTS is gapping up sharply here back above its 50-day moving average of $18.92 with heavy volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a major near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once CPTS takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at 20.62 to $20.65 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CPST if it can sustain a trend above its recent low of $18.29, and then trigger that breakout with high volume. Look for volume on that move that hits near or above its three-month average action of 283,574 shares. If we get that action soon, then this stock has an excellent chance to hit $23 to $25 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV