Aegion (AEGN) provides proprietary technologies and services for the rehabilitation and strengthening of sewer, water, energy, and mining piping systems, as well as buildings, bridges, tunnels, and waterfront structures; and the corrosion protection of industrial pipelines in North America and internationally. This stock is trading up 2.7% at $17.87 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 246,000Average Volume: 180,169 Volume % Change: 76% Shares of AEGN are ripping higher today after Ladenbur upgraded the stock to buy from neutral and reiterated its $23 price target. The firm said catalysts include improving trends following the company's second quarter results. >>7 Stocks for a Housing Rebound From a technical perspective, AEGN is continuing its uptrend here right after the stock recently found buying interest off its 50-day moving average of $16.97. This move is now pushing AEGN within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will trigger once AEGN takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $18.94 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AEGN as long as its trending above its 50-day, and once it sustains a move or close above $18.94 with high volume. Look for volume on that move that's near or above its three-month average action of 180,169 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for AEGN to re-test and possibly take out its 2012 high of $20.25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV