"Perfect" because each of the winning contestants went 5-0 in predicting correctly the outcome of the following FDA-related events:
1. Onyx Pharmaceuticals (ONXX): FDA advisory panel for the cancer drug carfilzomib on June 20.
2. Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): FDA approval decision for the weight-loss drug lorcaserin on June 27.3. Vivus (VVUS): FDA approval decision for the weight-loss drug Qnexa on July 20. 4. Amarin (AMRN): FDA approval decision for the prescription fish-oil pill AMR101 on July 26. 5. Onyx: FDA approval decision for carfilzomib on July 27. The 11 winners emerged from a record crowd of 134 entries. [You can read more about the overall predictions from the contest here.] As you read your name, please take a bow and accept my hearty congratulations:
Isitabubble That's only 10 names. Who was winner No. 11? Me! Yes, it's true, I actually won my own contest -- without cheating. Thanks again for participating. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV