Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke is set to speak again this week, and the markets wait in anticipation.
But Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com Wednesday that the substance of what Bernanke has to say isn't really that important. As long as the Fed chairman commits to keeping interest rates low for the foreseeable future, that will continue to make common stocks that much more attractive.
Why would investors buy bonds or U.S. Treasuries yielding next to nothing when they can have AT&T (T) yielding 4.5% or Dominion (D) yielding 4% or Eaton (ETN), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, yielding 4.2%?A pledge to keep interest rates low is all the Fed can do, Cramer concluded, as it's up to Washington and Congress to fix what ails our economy. Watch the full Cramer interview here. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV