NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Many companies plan to report earnings Tuesday, but the following six stand out.
Walt Disney (DIS)Who They Are: This well-known entertainment company was founded in 1923. Its stock trades an average of 10.1 million shares per day, and the company has a market cap of $87.8 billion. 52-Week Low: $28.19 52-Week High: $50.54 Book Value: $20.93 Price-to-Book Ratio: 2.24 Strong third-quarter earnings growth is expected by Wall Street after the market closes on Tuesday, Aug. 7. The consensus is for earnings of 93 cents a share, a gain of 15 cents (16.1%) from 78 cents during the corresponding quarter last year. Seventeen of the 25 analysts covering the company give the mouse a buy recommendation. The chart looks fantastic with all the major moving averages in a textbook bull trend. A big miss would spell an ugly drop, but this mouse has proven time and time again he knows how to get the cheese. The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 17.9, the mean fiscal-year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 16.5, based on estimated EPS of $3.02 this year. Shareholders receive 60 cents annually in dividend payments. The yield based on the stock's recent price is 1.2%. Over the last five years, the dividend has grown an average of 8.2% per year. Shares have been slowly but steadily climbing in the last 30 days. Shares are now 2.2% higher than last month. Disney last reported earnings on May 8, 2012, and the closing price that day was $44.30. Shares are up about 10% since then. In the 2011 fiscal year (which ended Oct. 1, 2011), Disney reported earnings of $4.81 billion, up from $3.96 in the previous fiscal year. Revenue in the 2011 fiscal year was $40.89 billion, up from $38.06 billion in fiscal-year 2010. Currently, shorts as a percentage of float are 2.9%, according to Yahoo! Finance. That's small and not a big concern.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV