SILVER SPRING, Md., Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), one of the world's largest lodging franchisors, continues to grow its system size with the announcement of 88 newly-opened franchised properties during the second quarter of 2012. Additionally, the company has executed a total of 106 new domestic contracts within the second quarter of 2012, a 54 percent increase over the same period of the prior year.
The openings include hotels in 34 states and seven countries including Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany, New Zealand, and Norway, adding more than 6,700 guestrooms to the company's existing 498,000-plus rooms. The company previously opened a total of 46 hotels during the first quarter of this year and 256 new hotels in 2011.
"Things are looking up in the industry, and I am pleased to confirm that hotels transactions are seeing a significant increase and financing is opening up for new construction," said David Pepper, senior vice president of global development for Choice Hotels. "We are confident that our system will continue with this trend of positive growth."
Select properties that opened during this year's second quarter include:Cambria Suites – Rapid City, S.D. This new Cambria Suites 111-room property is perfect for business and leisure travelers. The hotel features a business center and two spacious meeting rooms for banquets, receptions, or conferences as well as a bistro and lounge and a gourmet coffee bar. The convenient location offers guests easy access to several popular South Dakota attractions including Mount Rushmore. Guests can enjoy an indoor pool and whirlpool, and state-of-the-art fitness center, along with their comfortable suites featuring spa-inspired baths and cozy bedding. All suites are well-equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, sleeper sofa, coffee maker, and two flat screen TVs. Some rooms also feature a wet bar. Additionally, this non-smoking hotel offers complimentary airport transportation, WI-FI, and daily newspapers. Comfort Inn & Suites – Spokane Valley, Wash. This Comfort Inn & Suites property is the first hotel to introduce the brand's new design featuring personalized amenities, warm colors, and traditional design elements with a modern flare. The property includes a welcoming lobby with fireplace, an indoor pool and hot tub, a re-designed fitness center, an accommodating meeting room, and a business center. The newly designed guest rooms each offer a flat-screen TV and DVD player, microwave, coffee maker, and plush bedding with pillow-top mattress. Guests can enjoy the signature Your Morning Breakfast with hot and delicious options including the famous flavored waffles. Quality Hotel Flore Nice Promenade – Nice, FR This new Quality Hotel property is the latest to join the company's portfolio of 126 hotels in France. It is conveniently located in colorful old town Nice near beautiful beaches and restaurants and other famous attractions including the Promenade des Anglais and the Museum of Natural History. The hotel has a multi-lingual staff, an on-site business center, and a breakfast buffet. Guestrooms have wireless Internet access, cable television, coffee makers and hair dryers. Additionally, some rooms feature a balcony and sofa sleeper. The hotel is also pet-friendly. Sleep Inn & Suites – Marion, Ala. The Sleep Inn & Suites hotel in Marion, Alabama is a Designed to Dream property featuring the brand's new design which applies a simply stylish look and feel to promote rest and relaxation. The new lobby design features warm, natural finishes, unique lighting, and graphic accent walls. Spacious guestrooms also showcase the new design with sleek furniture lines, innovative bedding coverlets plus bedscarfs, spa-like baths with frameless glass showers, refrigerators, microwaves, and cable television. The property also features an outdoor pool, a business center with free wireless Internet access, a fitness center, a meeting room for banquets and conferences and the brand's signature Morning Medley hot breakfast. In addition to these franchised hotels, the second quarter of 2012 also introduced:
- 18 new Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Comfort Inn & Suites, and Comfort Hotel brand hotels in Burnie, Australia; Saintes, France; Oslo, Norway; Bourbonnais, Ill.; Amritsar, India; Pearl, Miss.; Pittsburgh, Penn.; Corsicana, Texas; Fort Saskatchewan, Canada; Lexington Park, Md.; Troutdale, Ore.; Santee, S.C.; Tooele, Utah; Salmon Arm, Canada; Saint-Arnoult, France; Amarillo, Texas; Blacksburg Va.; and Johnson Creek, Wis.
- 33 new Quality Inn, Quality Inn & Suites, Quality Suites, Quality Hotel, and Quality Resort brand hotels in Erlangen, Germany; Blenheim, New Zealand; Mobile, Ala.; Brewton, Ala.; Wickenburg, Ariz.; Peru, Ill.; Carrollton, Ky.; Murray, Ky.; Foristell, Mo.; Hastings, Neb.; Chester, Va.; Mauston, Wis.; Quesnel, Canada; Wichita, Kans.; Capitola, Calif.; Clearwater, Fla.; Peosta, Iowa; Sioux City, Iowa; Park City, Kans.; Lincoln, Neb.; La Vergne, Tenn.: Bryan, Texas; Liberty Lake, Wash.; West Bend, Wis.; Marinette, Wis.; St-Sauveur, Canada; Twin Falls, Idaho; Pagosa Springs, Colo.; Warrnambool, Australia; Orlando, Fla.; Atlanta, Ga.; Baton Rouge, La.; and Rockville, Md.
- Three additional new Sleep Inn and Sleep Inn & Suites brand hotels in O'Fallon, Ill.; Miles City, Mont.; and Austin, Texas.
- Four new Clarion Hotel and Clarion Inn brand properties in Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic; San Angelo, Texas; Concord, Calif.; and Wakefield, Mass.
- Two new extended stay properties—a MainStay Suites hotel in Tampa, Fla. and a Suburban Extended Stay Hotel property in Evansville, Ind.
- 13 new Econo Lodge and Econo Lodge Inn & Suites brand hotels in Brunswick, Australia; Rome, Ga.; Independence, Mo.; West Ossipee, N.H.; Carlsbad, N.M.; Mason, Ohio; Stroudsburg, Penn.; Walterboro, S.C.; Fulton, Texas; Evergreen, Ala.; Albuquerque, N.M.; Myrtle Beach, S.C.; and Drums, Penn.
- 11 new Rodeway Inn and Rodeway Inn & Suites brand hotels in Winslow, Ariz.; Fort Wayne, Ind.; Greenwood, Miss.; Saint Charles, Mo.; Lake George, N.Y.; Las Vegas, Nev.; Gainesville, Texas; Needles, Calif.; Olathe, Kans.; Butte, Mont.; and Hermiston, Ore.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV