Georgia Gulf Congratulates Director Wayne Sales On His Appointment As President And CEO Of Supervalu, Inc.
Georgia Gulf Corporation (NYSE: GGC) today offered congratulations to Board member Wayne Sales on his recent appointment as president and chief executive officer of Supervalu, Inc. As a result of the appointment and need to focus on his new role, Sales has resigned as a member of Georgia Gulf’s Board of Directors, effective immediately.
Sales served as a Georgia Gulf Board member since 2007 and as chairman of its Leadership Development and Compensation Committee since 2008.
“Wayne is taking on a major assignment with this new CEO role, and we wish him great success,” said Georgia Gulf Chairman Mark Noetzel. “At the same time, we will miss Wayne’s experience, wisdom and collegiality on our Board. Wayne has been an effective and influential Director.”
Georgia Gulf President and CEO Paul Carrico said: “Wayne’s experience and guidance played a significant role in the development and execution of our strategy, including the growth and improvement of our building products business and our recently announced merger with PPG’s commodity chemicals business. We appreciate Wayne’s service on the Georgia Gulf Board of Directors and wish him well in his new role.”About Georgia Gulf Georgia Gulf Corporation is a leading, integrated North American manufacturer of two chemical lines, chlorovinyls and aromatics, and manufactures vinyl-based building and home improvement products. The company's vinyl-based building and home improvement products, marketed under Royal Building Products and Exterior Portfolio brands, include window and door profiles, mouldings, siding, pipe and pipe fittings, and deck products. Georgia Gulf, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, has manufacturing facilities located throughout North America to provide industry-leading service to customers. For more information, visit www.ggc.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV