"We realized that we needed to take a bold step, break from the past and build you a brand new service from the ground up," Microsoft said, on the Outlook Blog. "You already know Outlook via the Outlook desktop application-for PCs and Macs-as the world's most popular application for reading email, managing a calendar, and connecting to people."
Electronic Arts (EA) shares rose 3.63% to $11.42 on Wednesday after announcing preliminary first-quarter earnings. The Redwood City, Calif.-based video game maker generated 41 cents of earnings on $491 million of revenue during the quarter ended June 30th."We have established an unmatched diversity in our business with multiple brands performing across several channels, business models and geographies," said CEO John Riccitiello in the company press release. "This allows us to drive profitable growth in a rapidly transforming marketplace for games." In addition to the earnings release, EA also announced a $500 million buyback program. Shares have fallen 45.58% year-to-date. Rival Activision Blizzard (ATVI) reports quarterly earnings on Thursday. Google's (GOOG) Google Maps will now display the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's service advisories for the city subway system, the company said on its Google Lat Long Blog. Publishing the information will help the 1 billion New York City subway riders each year avoid trains that are canceled, skipping stops or rerouted on another line. Google shares rose marginally, up 0.39% to $635.47 on Wednesday. --Written by Nathalie Pierrepont in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV