Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Wednesday:
Cramer said that he just can't think of a reason to own oil giant BP (BP) with growth around the world slowing. Likewise with embattled retailer JC Penney (JCP). Cramer said it's simply "too early" to consider an investment.
When asked whether Qualcomm (QCOM) or Broadcom (BRCM) was the hotter chipmaker, Cramer said Qualcomm has exposure to Apple (AAPL) but he prefers Broadcom, a stock he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, for its TV set-top box exposure.Cramer was less bullish on Tech Data (TECD), saying if sales are weak for this supermarket of all things tech, that could be a bad omen for the larger tech sector. Is high-end retail going down? Cramer's betting Coach (COH) makes a stand at current levels. He was also bullish on GPS maker Garmin (GRMN), saying the stock will rebound after the company announced strong sales in its fitness and marine GPS divisions. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV