Partner Communications Company Ltd. ("Partner" or "the Company")(NASDAQ:PTNR)(TASE:PTNR), a leading Israeli mobile communications operator, announces that following the approval of the Israeli Parliament's finance committee on July 10, 2012, the regulations that regulate the royalty rates that apply to general licensees for the provision of mobile radio telephone services using the cellular method (MRT), general licensees for the provision of domestic fixed-line telecommunication services (domestic fixed-line operators, including exclusive domestic fixed-line operators) and general licensees for the provision of international long distance (ILD) services, were amended on August 1, 2012.
Following the amendment of the regulations, the rates of the royalties paid to the state by the Partner Group shall be reduced in 2012 and shall be abolished as of 2013 onwards.
The total royalties paid to the state by the Partner Group with respect to the first quarter of 2012 is in the amount of approximately NIS 20 million.
The reduction in the royalty rates is as follows:(A) With respect to Cellular Communications Services : (1) The royalty rate for the year 2012 shall be 2.5% from the beginning of the year until May 23, 2012, 1% from May 24, 2012 until July 31, 2012 and 0.292% for the remainder of the year, provided that the annual royalty rate for the year 2012 shall be 1.3%.This royalty rate is reduced compared with the previous arrangement according to which the royalty rate was 2.5% from the beginning of the year until May 23, 2012 and 1% for the remainder of the year; (2) The royalty rate as of the year 2013 onwards shall be 0% (instead of 1% for the same period). (B) With respect to Fixed Line and ILD Communications Services : The royalty rates as of the year 2013 onwards shall be 0% (instead of 1% for the same period).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV