CANTON, Mass., Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dunkin' Donuts, America's all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, announced today the signing of a multi-unit store development agreement with two franchise groups to develop 24 new restaurants in Alabama over the next several years.
The two franchise groups and their development plans include:
- Barista Food LLC, led by the Ramon Arias family, plans to develop 16 restaurants in Birmingham. Arias and his two sons currently operate over 38 Little Caesars in Central Alabama, Central Louisiana and Atlanta, Georgia. With three locations under development in Trussville, Jasper and Warrior the Arias family is looking forward to serving the Central Alabama community. The first restaurant is planned to open later this year, and the remainder by 2018.
- Coffee Cafe Inc. plans to develop eight restaurants in Birmingham. Led by Ali Chunara, the first restaurant is planned to open in 2013, and the remainder by 2018.
"We are excited to expand Dunkin' Donuts' presence in Birmingham and play an important role in the daily lives of people who live, work and visit here," said Ali Chunara, President of Coffee Cafe Inc. "We have a passion and loyalty for the brand and look forward to the opening of our Dunkin' Donuts restaurants in the years to come."Although the Birmingham market is officially sold out, opportunities throughout Alabama remain available in Huntsville and Montgomery. To drive its expansion efforts, Dunkin' Donuts has aligned its strategy to support the growth opportunities and consumer needs of individual markets. As a result, the company continues to expand with single and multi-unit opportunities with no minimum unit requirements. "Our secret to success is our passionate franchisees who provide a high-level of customer service to our guests every day," said Grant Benson, CFE, vice president of Development, Dunkin' Brands, Inc. "We believe these new franchisee partners will cultivate lasting customer relationships and become integral parts of their local communities." In May, Dunkin' Donuts announced the signing of a multi-unit store development agreement with Star Restaurant Group for nine new restaurants in Birmingham that are planned to open over the next several years. Building a solid network of stores within a market enables Dunkin' Donuts to invest in a distribution model that provides consistent, high-quality products that guests expect. In an effort to keep the brand fresh and competitive, Dunkin' Donuts offers flexible concepts for any real estate format including free-standing restaurants, end caps, in-line sites, gas and convenience, travel plazas, universities, as well as other retail environments. Since the 1950s, Dunkin' Donuts has been a daily ritual for millions of people. For more than 60 years, Dunkin' Donuts has offered delicious food, beverages, and friendly service at a great value. To best serve its guests, Dunkin' Donuts offers an all-day menu including iced coffee, flavored coffees, lattes, Dunkin' Donuts K-Cup® Packs, Coolatta® frozen drinks, muffins, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, and a DDSMART® menu featuring better-for-you items.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV