NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- NICE Systems (NICE) was a big loser in premarket trading as investors digested the digital recording specialist's second-quarter results, released before market open on Wednesday.
The Israeli firm reported revenue of $216.7 million, a 10.2% hike on the prior year's quarter, but below Wall Street's forecast of $221.32 million. Excluding items, NICE earned 57 cents a share, up 14% on the same period last year, and in-line with analysts' estimates.
NICE, however, lowered its full-year revenue guidance, citing macroeconomic headwinds which are causing delays in deal closures.
The company's shares slumped 10.33% to $32.28 in premarket trading.Facebook (FB), which hit a new all-time low on Tuesday, slipped 0.92% to $21.51 on Wednesday. Shares of the social networker are off more than 42% since its debut as a public company in May. The Menlo Park, Calif.-based firm was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 254,940. With rumors continuing to swirl around a possible iPhone 5 launch in September, Apple (AAPL) shares gained 0.92% to reach $616.40 before market open. The tech giant was also another active premarket stock on share volume of 170,336. Sirius XM (SIRI), which reports its second-quarter results next week, was up 0.46% to $2.17 on share volume of 126,527. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV