Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO), a leading global provider of cloud-based clinical development solutions, today announced that vice president of implementation services Marco van Doeveren was named by PharmaVOICE magazine as one of the 100 most inspiring people in the life sciences industry.
The award recognizes Marco as a driving force behind Medidata’s success in addressing the unique challenges of mid-size and emerging companies in reaching the full benefits that advanced technology can bring to streamlining clinical trials.
Mid-market organizations – including pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, academic, nonprofit and government – are looking to reap the same benefits as the large biopharma companies from Medidata’s cloud-based platform of innovative solutions. Implementations at mid-market companies frequently involve individual tailoring to account for fewer resources and accelerated timelines, and many smaller companies question whether they can get an industry-leading solution for a price they can afford.
Under Marco’s leadership, Medidata’s mid-market services team continually works to make optimal use of the Medidata platform by focusing on end-to-end processes. Using his sponsor-focused perspective to adapt Medidata’s implementation process for the mid-market, Marco’s group reliably streamlines trial processes and implements tailored solutions to each individual group without compromising efficiency or quality. As a result, his team has doubled revenue, tripled the number of projects and quadrupled the number of clients in a four-year span.
- “Because the technology infrastructure Marco manages is leveraged by hundreds of life science companies, thousands of clinical trial professionals, and tens of thousands more investigators, nurses and patients, Marco is, very literally, one of the most influential people in clinical technology around the world,” said Glen de Vries, president, Medidata Solutions. “His passion for the industry and his detail-oriented, practical approach to working with clinical infrastructure make him a constant inspiration to his colleagues, partners and customers.”
- “Considered to be one of the most influential people in clinical technology around the world, Marco van Doeveren manages an infrastructure that is leveraged by the life sciences industry as a whole," said Taren Grom, editor and cofounder, PharmaVOICE. "In addition to his broad and extensive expertise, Mr. van Doeveren is dedicated to his teams and clients, a combination that places him squarely on the 2012 PharmaVOICE 100 list of honorees."
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Tweet this: .@Medidata's Marco van Doeveren named one of 100 most influential people in #clinical technology by @PharmaVOICE http://bit.ly/R5iQmn
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV