ATLANTA, Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PGi (NYSE: PGI), a global leader in virtual meetings for over 20 years, today announced the launch of iMeet 2.0, the second generation of its innovative, cloud-based video meetings solution. The award-winning iMeet experience helps businesses of all sizes have simple, personal and mobile online meetings wherever and whenever they like – with plans starting as low as $39 per month.
iMeet 2.0 release highlights include:
- Auto-Connect: iMeet hosts can instantly join the conversation with this new feature that automatically calls their computer or mobile device when they enter an iMeet meeting.
- Screen Share: iMeet hosts can share their screen in high resolution, with no downloads for meeting guests. Mobile guests can view screen share from an iPad ® with the iMeet HD app.
- Advanced Mobile Meeting Apps: The iMeet HD app for the iPad now includes two-way video streaming, full host controls, faster connect times and cloud file sharing. The iMeet Mobile app for the iPhone® now includes larger profile images, full host controls and cloud file sharing.
- HD Quality Video: iMeet now leverages the most technically advanced H.264 video encoding for HD quality video without consuming huge amounts of network bandwidth.
- Spotlight Cube: iMeet users can click on anyone's cube to enlarge it up to four-times bigger, creating a video conferencing room experience right on the desktop.
- Cloud Controls: iMeet's new, easy-to-use admin console lets businesses centrally manage, provision and customize large groups of iMeet accounts across the enterprise.
"In our increasingly mobile and socially connected world, iMeet 2.0 strikes the perfect balance between user-centric design and robust, built-for-business infrastructure," said Boland T. Jones, PGi founder, chairman and CEO. "PGi created iMeet to reinvent the way people do meetings, with an experience that is refreshingly simple, enjoyable and unlike any other product on the market. We plan to continue to enhance the iMeet platform to accommodate more of our users' everyday business communications — from sales presentations, remote candidate interviews and video chats to board of directors meetings.""We have seen tremendous uptake of desktop and mobile video conferencing applications, resulting in significant market growth," said Roopam Jain of Frost & Sullivan. "PGi's release of iMeet 2.0 demonstrates the company's commitment to both the end user experience and the enterprise buyer, and it positions them to capture increased demand within the market." iMeet lets up to 15 people meet face-to-face online from anywhere in the world using their desktop, tablet or smartphone. iMeet is one tool for all your audio, web and video meetings, and it has received several leading industry awards, including the Silver award for New Product Innovation by the internationally renowned 2012 Edison Awards. "iMeet has revolutionized the way we do business," said Laura LaBine of Vaco, a recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing senior level financial and accounting professionals. "The new Spotlight Cube feature really assists me in reading the body language and facial responses in meetings. Because the screen share is remarkably crisp and shown in real-time, our online interviews can be more collaborative. We chose iMeet because it's simple to use and is a better way to form more personal connections through video. We can have higher quality interactions thanks to iMeet." To sign up for your own iMeet room free for 30 days, visit imeet.com. iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts