The Assured Guaranty Ltd. (NYSE:AGO) board of directors has appointed Bonnie L. Howard as an independent director. Ms. Howard will also serve on the board’s Audit and Risk Oversight committees.
Assured Guaranty is the leading provider of financial guaranty insurance.
“We are very pleased to welcome Bonnie Howard to our board,” said Assured Guaranty Chairman, Walter Scott. “With her distinguished background in finance and enterprise risk management, she will make strong contributions to our corporate governance and our credit and risk culture.”
Ms. Howard has more than 30 years of experience in auditing and risk management. She was Chief Auditor and Global Head of Control and Emerging Risk at Citigroup, leading a team of over 1,500 professionals covering $1.9 trillion of assets in over 100 countries, until her retirement in 2011. She was previously Managing Director of Capital Markets Audit at Fleet Boston Financial and a Managing Director at JPMorgan in the roles of Global Head of Markets Operational Risk Management and Deputy Auditor. Ms. Howard is a certified public accountant in the United States and has over a decade of experience with KPMG and Ernst and Young. She is a graduate of the University of Missouri.Ms. Howard currently serves on the board of directors of the YWCA of New York City, where she is a member of the Executive Committee and co-chairs the Finance and Investment Committees. Assured Guaranty Ltd. is a publicly-traded (NYSE: AGO) Bermuda-based holding company. Its operating subsidiaries provide credit enhancement products to the U.S. and international public finance, infrastructure and structured finance markets. More information on Assured Guaranty Ltd. and its subsidiaries can be found at www.assuredguaranty.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV