DALLAS, Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today unveiled the industry's first fully integrated analog front end for both weight and body composition measurement (BCM). The AFE4300 is an easy-to-use, precision, low-power front end solution, which allows engineers designing weigh scales that incorporate body composition meters, body impedance analyzers, and impedance measurement equipment to get their products to market faster than by implementing existing, more complex multi-chip solutions.
The AFE4300 incorporates two separate signal chains, one targeting weight measurement and the other targeting body composition analysis, with a 16-bit, 860-sps analog-to-digital converter (ADC) multiplexed between them. The device's three BCM channels enable segmental body impedance analysis (BIA) between body extremities, which allows for a full picture of the subject's body composition. For information, samples and evaluation modules (EVMs), visit www.ti.com/afe4300-pr.
Key features and benefits
- Easy to use for faster time to market: The AFE4300 integrates two separate signal chain front ends for weigh scale and dual body composition measurements into a single device, so that little to no in-house expertise is required to quickly add body composition measurements to weigh scales applications.
- Precision performance: The AFE4300's tetra-polar measurements eliminate electrode impedance-related inaccuracies. In addition, the device's three BCM channels enable segmental body impedance analysis (BIA) for measurement across the body including hand to hand, foot to foot, or even hand to foot, which increases overall measurement accuracy. The device also includes an option to accurately measure Extra Cellular Water (ECW) and Intra Cellular Water (ICW) using bio-impedance spectroscopy (BIS).
- Low power consumption: The AFE4300 consumes less than 1 mA, operating from a 2-V to 3.6-V power supply, to extend battery life.
- Download the datasheet and order samples at www.ti.com/afe4300-pr.
- Order the AFE4300 EVM PDK at www.ti.com/afe4300evm-pdk-pr .
- Learn more about the AFE4300 by watching the video at www.ti.com/afe4300video-pr.
- View TI's technical and product information for a variety of consumer medical and home healthcare applications, including: heart rate and fitness monitoring systems, blood glucose and other diagnostic meters, blood pressure monitors, and digital thermometers and download TI's Consumer Medical Guide: www.ti.com/consumermedical.
- Learn more about TI's full portfolio for medical applications at www.ti.com/medical .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV