(1) Represents share-based compensation expense associated with employee stock options, and for the twelve months ended June 30, 2012 and December 31, 2011, also includes the portion of annual non-cash incentive compensation that eligible employees elected to receive as common equity in lieu of their 2011 cash bonus.
(2) Represents expenses incurred related to 3G’s acquisition of Burger King Holdings, Inc., the Company’s indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, in October 2010.
(3) Represents severance benefits, other severance-related costs incurred in connection with the Company’s global restructuring efforts, the voluntary resignation severance program offered for a limited time to eligible employees based at its Miami headquarters and additional reductions in corporate and field positions in the U.S. This restructuring plan was completed in 2011.
(4) Represents severance-related costs, compensation costs for overlap staffing, travel expenses, consulting and training costs incurred in connection with the Company’s efforts to expand and enhance its U.S. field organization. This project was completed in 2011.(5) Represents costs associated with an ongoing project to realign the Company’s global restaurant portfolio by refranchising Company-owned restaurants and establishing strategic partners and joint ventures to accelerate development. These costs primarily include severance related costs and fees for professional services. (6) Represents share-based compensation expense related to awards granted during the three and six months ended June 30, 2012 resulting from the increase in equity value of Burger King Worldwide Holdings, Inc. implied by the Business Combination Agreement and professional fees and other transaction costs associated with the Business Combination Agreement. (7) Adjusted income tax expense for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012 and 2011 is calculated using the Company’s statutory tax rate in the jurisdiction in which the costs were incurred.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV