Burger King Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: BKW) today reported financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter Highlights:
- System-wide comparable sales increased 4.4% and system-wide sales increased 6.4% on a constant currency basis
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 19% on an organic basis to $172.0 million
- Adjusted diluted EPS increased 29% to $0.17
- Established master franchise joint ventures in Russia and China to aggressively expand brand presence
- Listed Burger King Worldwide on NYSE
“I am pleased with the progress made this quarter, with system-wide comparable sales up 4.4% and adjusted EBITDA up 19% year over year on an organic basis,” said Bernardo Hees, chief executive officer. “In the U.S. and Canada, our focus on menu, restaurant image, operations, and marketing communication is beginning to generate tangible results. Internationally, we are laying the foundation for accelerated development worldwide through the formation of partnerships in Russia and China. We are excited to have listed on the NYSE this quarter and believe BKW is well positioned for long-term growth.”
Consolidated Financial Highlights
|Three Months Ended June 30,||$||%|
|2012||2011||Favorable / (Unfavorable)|
|System-wide Comparable Sales Growth 1||4.4%||(2.2%)|
|System-wide Sales Growth 1||6.4%||0.4%|
|Net Restaurant Growth||70||35||35||100.0%|
|Adjusted EBITDA 2||$172.0||$149.9||$22.1||14.7%|
|Adjusted EBITDA Margin 2||31.8%||25.2%||nm||6.6%|
|Adjusted Net Income 2||$61.3||$46.5||$14.8||31.8%|
|Diluted Adjusted Earnings Per Share 2||$0.17||$0.13||$0.04||29.5%|
|Diluted Earnings Per Share||$0.14||$0.09||$0.05||56.8%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV