Our tax rate in the second quarter was 10.4% compared to 13.8% in the second quarter of 2011. We benefitted in the second quarter of 2012 from the release of certain tax reserves due to the statute of limitation expirations. We continue to expect the 2012 full year tax rate to be approximately 13%.
Free cash flow generation continued to be strong with $211 million generated in the quarter. We had a cash and marketable securities balance of over $2.6 billion at the end of the quarter. We intend to continue to fund our quarterly dividend and future acquisitions with our strong cash position.”
|2012 Guidance Update|
|Revenue||$2.75 – 2.80 B|
|EPS (Pro Forma)||$2.70 - $2.85|
We now expect revenue in 2012 between $2.75 and $2.80 billion as strong results in auto/mobile and outdoor are partially offset by macroeconomic headwinds for other business segments. Due to the strong first half margin performance in our automotive/mobile, outdoor and fitness segments, we are increasing our EPS range to $2.70 - $2.85. We still anticipate an effective tax rate of approximately 13% for the full year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV