"During the quarter we strengthened our management team, increased our focus on our customers' evolving security needs, renewed our investments in research and development, as well as reinvigorated our sales and marketing activities. Our success on these fronts puts us on track with regard to our timeline for the launch of new offerings, including enhanced mobile antivirus support, a new advanced persistent threat offering later this year, and our next generation cloud-based 'security as a service' offerings targeted for rollout in early 2013. Overall, I am confident we are taking the right steps to strategically position Commtouch in some of the fastest growing segments of the global IT security solutions market, while remaining focused on profitability and renewed long-term growth," stated Shlomi Yanai, Commtouch's chief executive officer.
Announced in May of 2012, Commtouch's Board of Directors authorized the initiation of a stock repurchase program of the company's ordinary shares in the open market, in an amount in cash of up to $2.5 million. As of June 30, 2012, approximately 198,000 shares have been repurchased through the program at an aggregate cost of approximately $0.6 million.
For information regarding the non-GAAP financial measures discussed in this release, please see "Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information" and "Reconciliation of Non-GAAP to GAAP Financial Information."
Second Quarter 2012 Business Highlights:
- Commtouch's strengthened global sales team delivered the strongest quarter of new business wins in more than two years. These new multi-year contracts consist of new customers as well as up sell contracts with current Commtouch customers. The combined value of these second quarter contract signings is forecasted to represent approximately 5% annual revenue growth based on full year 2011 revenues. These contracts are expected to begin coming online and positively impacting the Company's revenue growth as they ramp throughout the second half of 2012 and 2013.
- Key new client wins during the quarter reflected our enhanced international sales and marketing penetration, including: the sale of our antivirus and anti-spam offerings to a large service provider in the Asia Pacific region; the sale of our antivirus service to a leading network equipment vendor based in the United States for its data storage product line; and the sale of our GlobalView™ Web filtering to a leading antivirus provider serving end users in Europe and Latin America.
- As part of Commtouch's long-term strategy and evolution from a cutting edge technology provider to a world class solutions provider, management recruited key professionals to further strengthen the Company's leadership. Second quarter appointments included Pete Shah as Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Sidra Berman as Vice President of Marketing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV