Nustar GP Holdings LLC Stock Downgraded (NSH)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The share price of NUSTAR GP HOLDINGS LLC has not done very well: it is down 16.27% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- NUSTAR GP HOLDINGS LLC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NUSTAR GP HOLDINGS LLC reported lower earnings of $1.64 versus $1.70 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 48.5% in earnings ($0.85 versus $1.64).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 250.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $22.06 million to -$33.21 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$12.40 million or 153.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- NSH, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 241.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.