Operating income was $10.3 million, and our operating margin was 13% for the quarter versus $6.6 million and 10.3% for the same quarter last year. The excess margin over our guidance was due to slightly higher recurring revenues coupled with lower costs. Net income was $5.9 million or $0.21 per diluted share compared with $3.8 million and $0.14 per diluted share for the same quarter last year. Our non-GAAP income tax rate for the quarter was 42%.
Turning to the balance sheet. Total cash and investments and marketable securities were $73.1 million. On a year-to-date basis, we generated $22.7 million in cash from operations compared with $15.2 million last year. We purchased $7.4 million in capital expenditures for the first 6 months of this year compared with $7.6 million for the same period last year.
We used $4.3 million in the 6-month period to repurchase shares required to settling employees tax withholding obligations associated with the restricted stock units they vested. We have 1,058,000 shares remaining that are available for repurchase under our plan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV