COIMOLACHE (Tantahuatay operation)
At Coimolache (40.04% owned by Buenaventura), attributable contribution was US$9.6 million (negative US$0.5 million in 2Q11). For the six-month period 2012, attributable contribution was US$17.9 million (negative US$0.8 million in 2011)
Buenaventura’s 2Q12 net income was US$152.6 million (US$0.60 per share), a 23% decrease compared to the US$197.6 million (US$0.90 per share) reported in 2Q11. Accumulated net income in the first six-month period 2012 was US$360.0 million, 15% lower when compared to 2011 (US$422.3 million).Project Development LA ZANJA DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- The Pampa Verde Project will include the development of a new open pit, expansion of the current leach pad and improvements to the operation’s road access. Construction began in 2Q11. As of June 30, 2012, total project expenditures were US$39.02 million (total investment is US$70.4 million). Completion is expected in 1Q13.
|Progress as of June 30, 2012|
|San Pedro Sur Leach Pad Stage II||85.34%|
|San Pedro Sur Leach Pad Stage III||15.64%|
|San Pedro Sur Waste Rock Deposit||100%|
|Pampa Verde Pit||8.50%|
|Pampa Verde Top Soil Deposit||0%|
|Pampa Verde Waste Soil Deposit||45%|
|Pampa Verde Acid Water Plant||8.40%|
|Pampa Verde Auxiliary Access||80%|
|Pampa Verde Waste Rock Deposit||14%|
|Pampa Verde Haul Road to SPS||20%|
- The Cienaga Norte Project includes the Leach Pad’s Stage II (additional 10.5 Ha), development of the Cienaga Norte Pit and an access road between the leach pad and the open pit. Total CAPEX totaled US$20 million. Project construction will begin as soon as the environmental impact assessment is approved.
- Mallay mine construction was completed in March 2012. The project has already received the mine operating license. Production began April 2012.
- During 2Q12, Mallay production included 138,000 Ag Oz, 800MT Pb and 1050MT Zn.
- Currently, Mallay holds Brownfield exploration investments in the Chancas–Chiptaj area.
- Buenaventura continued with the construction of the manganese sulfate plant with a total budget of US$76.0 million. As of June 30, 2012, total expenditures were US$44.5 million. The project includes an acid leaching facility, a sulfuric acid production plant and a manganese sulfate crystallization plant.
- The leaching processing facilities are expected to be completed by the end of 4Q12. The construction of the Sulfuric Acid and the Manganese Sulfate Plant is expected to be ready 4Q12. Construction and start-up tests at both plants are scheduled at the end of 2012.
- As of June 30, 2012, Buenaventura’s total investment at the Breapampa Project was US$40.3 million, representing 84% of the entire budget (US$48.0 million).
- Construction progress includes:
|Progress as of June 30, 2012|
|Leach Pad Stage I||99.2%|
|Internal Electric System||99%|
|Waste Soil Deposit||87.2%|
|Top Soil Deposit||100%|
- This project should be completed by the end of 3Q12. Production will also begin at end of 3Q12
- Expected gold production in 2012 is approximately 22,000 ounces
- As of June 30, 2012, construction progress at the Huanza Project included:
|1.||Water Conduction Tunnel: 10,074 meters of excavation was 100% completed|
|2.||Powerplant: Civil works was 85% completed|
|3.||Pallca Dam: 78.2 % (39,907 m3 concrete) of work was completed|
|4.||Electromechanical equipment is nearly complete, and will be delivered on schedule. Equipment assembly is 13% complete|
|1.||Acceptance of Mr. Luis Coleridge’s resignation as a member of the Company’s Board of Directors who retired at the age of 75 after 12 years on the Board and President of the Audit Committee, in accordance with Buenaventura’s policy,|
|2.||Appointment of Mr. Jose Miguel Morales as a new member of the Board of Directors|
|3.||Appointment of Mr. German Suarez as President of the Audit Committee|
|4.||Appointment of Mr. Carlos del Solar as member of the Audit Committee|
|5.||Appointment of Ms. Gulnara la Rosa as General Council|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts