Clearly, Apple is not losing its luster but it is taking a much-needed breather. But it needs to wake up. I can say this confidently, even though it concerned me somewhat that the company acknowledged the possibility of slowing growth.
That said, with no clear evidence its growth is being eaten away by its rivals, I think it would open a new set of story lines that analysts have long been afraid to discuss -- market saturation.
The only way to avoid this talk is for Apple's next quarter earnings to arrive as expected and prove the third-quarter disappointment was an anomaly.
At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL and held no position in any of the other stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV