Elliott Associates initially nominated five people for BMC's board. After negotiations, BMC agreed to add two new members, John Dillon and Jim Schaper.
"We're pleased with the agreement with Elliott," said Beauchamp, saying that BMC's board has been extended from 10 to 12 directors. "We have a talented, experienced and diverse board - the addition of Mr. Dillon and Mr. Schaper adds to this strength."
"While our focus remains to execute our strategy to be the leader in enterprise IT management, we're always reviewing numerous avenues to build value for our shareholders," he added.
--Written by James Rogers in New York.Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV