In the June quarter, we experience an improvement of our equipment business, which was driven by higher ball bonder demand, 88.4% of wire bonders sold were to OSAT customers, an increase from the prior quarter. Demand for copper-capable wire bonders continued to remain strong, since the introduction of our pro copper machine almost three years ago, we’ve seen a steady increase in demand for this market leading solution.
Our considerable investments in R&D and process expertise, continues to strengthen our competitive advantage through this transition. This remains one of the most competitive cost saving options for our customers to-date. Approximately 79.7% of our wire bonders were sold as copper-capable. From our perspective, the transition from gold to copper will continue for the foreseeable future based on our current capacity levels and our understanding of our customers demand. We also believe the significant secular driver is very unique in the industry and it will continue to give us business advantage as we look ahead.
Slightly less than 5% of our ball bonders sold were configured for the LED market. We continue to work with LED customers, particularly in the high end of the market where our products are technically best suited and where we have a competitive advantage.
Turning to wedge bonders, our sales improved in the June quarter compared to the March quarter due primarily to modest improvements in the power semiconductor segment. Our sales in the auto and industrial segments were fairly flat. We anticipate our wedge bonder volumes to gradually increase over the coming quarters as existing capacity is been digested.In summary, we’re pleased with our business performance in the June quarter. We continue to drive revenue margin and operational improvements and remain focused on expanding our technology and market leadership position. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV