HOUSTON, July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rowan Companies plc ("Rowan" or the "Company") (NYSE: RDC) announced today that J. Kevin Bartol has been appointed to serve as the Company's Executive Vice President, Finance and Corporate Development. In this new role, Mr. Bartol will lead our Finance, Investor Relations and Corporate Development departments. William H. Wells will continue to serve as our Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, reporting to Mr. Bartol. Mr. Bartol joined the Company in 2007 and previously served as Senior Vice President, Corporate Development.
Matt Ralls, Rowan's President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "I am pleased to announce this new position. Kevin has been instrumental in developing and implementing the Company's strategy including the acquisition of Skeie Drilling & Production ASA, and the sale of our manufacturing and land drilling divisions. In this new position, Kevin's strengths in strategy development and financial analysis will be a valuable complement to Bill Wells and his finance and accounting groups. I am confident that Kevin's leadership will help ensure Rowan's continued success in our strategic transformation."
Rowan is a major provider of international and domestic offshore contract drilling services with a leading position in high-specification jack-up rigs. The Company's fleet of 31 jack-up rigs is located worldwide, including the Middle East, the North Sea, Trinidad, Southeast Asia and the Gulf of Mexico. Rowan also has three high-specification, ultra-deepwater drillships under construction at Hyundai Heavy Industries in Korea that are scheduled to be delivered in late 2013 and 2014. Rowan's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "RDC". For more information on Rowan, please visit www.rowancompanies.com.
SOURCE Rowan Companies plc
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV