Proceeds from these transactions were primarily used to repay our $250 million bond maturity at an expiring rate of 6.45%, restore full availability under our $1.5 billion revolver and fund the cash consideration for the acquisitions announced this morning. Combined, these transactions will further strengthen our balance sheet. At quarter end, our financial leverage were slightly below 40% and secured debt ratio below 10%. In addition, our fixed charge coverage increased to 3.6x in the quarter and is expected to further improve in the coming quarters, driven by the benefit of these activities.
Our remaining 2012 debt maturities are negligible at $29 million. And looking ahead into 2013, our debt maturities total $920 million at an average rate of 5.9%, of which $650 million are due in the fourth quarter of 2013. To help further illustrate our strong credit metrics, we continue to expand the disclosures on Page 6 and 7 in this quarter's supplemental.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV