Revenue and Operating Highlights
Consolidated revenues increased $25.0 million, or 8.5%, for the second quarter of 2012 and increased $43.9 million, or 7.2%, for the six months ended June 24, 2012. The increases in revenues were due to the following:
- Domestic company-owned restaurant sales increased $15.9 million, or 12.4%, and $21.0 million, or 7.9%, for the three and six months ended June 24, 2012, respectively, due to increases in comparable sales of 7.4% and 5.1% and the net acquisition of 50 restaurants in Denver and Minneapolis from a franchisee in the second quarter of 2012.
- North America franchise royalty revenue increased approximately $1.0 million, or 5.5%, and $1.8 million, or 4.7%, for the three and six months ended June 24, 2012, respectively, primarily due to increases in comparable sales of 5.1% and 2.7% and increases in net franchise units over the prior year.
- Domestic commissary sales increased $5.6 million, or 4.6%, and $15.5 million, or 6.2%, for the three and six months ended June 24, 2012, respectively, primarily due to an increase in the volume of restaurant sales.
- International revenues increased $3.1 million, or 21.8%, and increased $7.2 million, or 26.7%, for the three and six months ended June 24, 2012, respectively, primarily due to increases in the number of restaurants and increases in comparable sales of 6.1% and 7.2%, calculated on a constant dollar basis.
Operating HighlightsAll comparisons are versus the same period of the prior year and exclude the Incentive Contribution. See “Marketing Incentive Contribution” below for further information. Second quarter 2012 income before income taxes was $24.0 million, compared to $19.1 million, or a 25.8% increase. Income before income taxes was $54.8 million for the six months ended June 24, 2012, compared to $45.8 million, or a 19.6% increase.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV