Aon Plc (AON): Today's Featured Insurance Laggard
Aon plc (AON) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Aon plc fell 61 cents (-1.2%) to $49.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Aon plc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.11-$49.95 after having opened the day at $49.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.81. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Tower Group (TWGP), down 14.1%, Kansas City Life Insurance (KCLI), down 6.1%, Mercury General Corporation (MCY), down 5.8%, and AMERISAFE (AMSF), down 5.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Aon plc Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV