As we signaled at the time of our first quarter results, the second quarter brings the onset of seasonal maintenance and turnarounds, which are typically concentrated in the Gulf of Mexico. During the second quarter, we lost an average of 86,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day of production in this region.
There were a number of programs carried out on BP-operated facilities, as well on facilities operated by others. The most significant event was the complete replacement of the facilities on the seabed at Atlantis, which resulted in a shutdown of the facility for the entire quarter. Tropical Storm Debby at the end of the quarter also contributed to the drop in production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV