In the short term, we are going to focus on integrating GreenLine and on executing our operational strategies, while continuing to look for opportunities that can accelerate growth in our core businesses of food and biomaterials and that have the potential for increasing our revenues and net income.
10) What new products and/or programs does the Company plan to introduce during fiscal year 2013?
We intend to introduce several new products and product lines at Apio. We also plan to expand offerings to customers of Lifecore primarily resulting from the recent clearance of customer products by the FDA. In addition, we expect Windset to launch new BreatheWay packaged products for cucumbers and peppers and we plan to purchase tomatoes from Windset’s new Santa Maria operation for Apio’s vegetable tray business.
11) What are Landec’s priorities for the next 12 to 24 months?Our goals are as follows: (1) grow Lifecore’s business by launching new products and obtaining new customers, (2) integrate GreenLine into Apio’s operations, (3) grow Apio’s business while maintaining Apio’s margins, and (4) invest in R&D efforts for developing new Intelimer polymer technology applications. 12) How do the pre-tax results by line of business for the three and twelve months ended May 27, 2012 compare with the same periods last year?
|The results are as follows (unaudited and in thousands):|
|Revenues:||Three months ended 5/27/12||Three months ended 5/29/11||Twelve months ended 5/27/12||Twelve months ended 5/29/11|
|Apio Value Added(a)||$||61,070||$||46,754||$||207,582||$||175,664|
|Apio Export (b)||13,513||13,366||71,485||61,663|
|Tech. Licensing (c)||1,173||2,438||4,202||6,897|
|Apio Value Added||9,169||5,499||25,237||18,888|
|Total Gross Profit||14,706||10,546||52,138||46,695|
|Net Income (Loss):|
|Net Income (Loss)||$||2,779||$||(2,737||)||$||12,696||$||3,920|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV