Howard Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: HBMD), the parent company of Howard Bank, today reported its quarterly and year-to-date financial results for the period ending June 30, 2012. For the first six months of 2012, Howard Bancorp recorded net income of $794 thousand which represents an increase of 14% compared to net income of $694 thousand for the first half of 2011. Net interest income of $6.5 million for the first six months of 2012 increased by over $400 thousand or 7% compared to the same period in 2011. Noninterest income for the six month period in 2012 was modestly down to $333 thousand as compared to the $364 thousand recorded for 2011, as 2012 included a loss on the sale of real estate of $131 thousand, while there were no such losses in the first half of 2011. Total expenses for the six months ending June 30, 2012 were $5.2 million, which reflected an increase of only one percent over the $5.1 million during the same period in 2011.
Total assets ended June 30, 2012 at $356 million- an increase of $45 million or 15% over assets of $311 at the same point in 2011, and an increase of $33 million or 10% over total assets at December 31, 2011. Total loans ended the second quarter of 2012 at $291 million, representing growth of 13% and 5% over loan levels at June 30, 2011 and December 31, 2011, respectively. Total deposits grew by $40 million or 17%, with deposit of $282 million for June 30, 2012 versus deposits of $242 million at the same period in 2011. The $282 million in deposits also reflects growth of $19 million or 8% compared to total deposits of $263 million at year end 2011. The most desired type of deposits, those that are noninterest bearing, were $73 million at June 30 2012, which reflected growth of 40% and 17% compared to noninterest bearing deposits at June 30, 2011 and December 31, 2011, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV