LAS VEGAS, July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- American Pacific Corporation ("AMPAC") (NASDAQ: APFC) announced today that it completed the divestiture of its Aerospace Equipment segment or In-Space Propulsion business to Moog Inc. (NYSE: MOG.A and MOG.B). The purchase price is approximately $46 million in cash and the divestiture will be effective as of August 1, 2012. The In-Space Propulsion business, with locations in New York, California, Ireland and the United Kingdom, is a developer and manufacturer of liquid propulsion systems and components for satellites and missile defense systems.
Janes Capital Partners acted as financial advisor and Morrison & Foerster acted as legal advisor to AMPAC. Hodgson Russ acted as legal advisor to Moog Inc.
ABOUT AMERICAN PACIFIC CORPORATION
AMPAC is a leading custom manufacturer of fine and specialty chemicals. AMPAC supplies active pharmaceutical ingredients and advanced intermediates to the pharmaceutical industry. For the aerospace and defense industry, AMPAC provides specialty chemicals used in solid rocket motors for space launch and military missiles. AMPAC produces clean agent chemicals for the fire protection industry, as well as electro-chemical equipment for the water treatment industry. Additional information about AMPAC can be found at www.apfc.com.Contact: Dana Kelley – (702) 735-2200E-mail: InvestorRelations@apfc.com Website: www.apfc.com ABOUT MOOG INC. Moog Inc. is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision control components and systems. Moog's high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, automated industrial machinery, wind energy, marine and medical equipment. Additional information can be found at www.moog.com. Contact: Ann Marie Luhr – (716) 687-4225 SOURCE American Pacific Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV