Guidance Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:GUID) today reported financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second quarter 2012 financial highlights include:
- GAAP revenue of $31.1 million and non-GAAP revenue of $31.5 million. This compares to GAAP and non-GAAP revenue of $23.9 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Product revenue of $12.0 million, an increase of $0.8 million, or 8 percent, from $11.2 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- GAAP SaaS revenue of $2.8 million and non-GAAP SaaS revenue of $3.2 million.
- Services and maintenance revenue of $16.2 million, an increase of $3.5 million, or 27 percent, from $12.7 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- GAAP net loss of $1.6 million, or ($0.06) per share, compared to a GAAP net loss of ($1.4) million, or ($0.06) per share, in the second quarter of 2011.
On a non-GAAP basis, which excludes share-based compensation, acquisition-related expense, and amortization of intangibles, the company reported pre-tax net income of $1.4 million, or $0.05 per share, in the second quarter of 2012, compared to non-GAAP pre-tax net income of $0.4 million, or $0.02 per share, in the second quarter of 2011.
Victor Limongelli, Guidance Software’s President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We had a fantastic second quarter, with strong overall growth, including robust organic growth, and improved non-GAAP earnings. In addition to revenues increasing more than 30% on a year-over-year basis, we also signed a record number of new EnCase Enterprise customers, bringing 100 new customers into our install base during the quarter.”Limongelli continued, “The value of our software was once again recognized by Gartner Inc., who positioned us in its ‘Leaders’ Quadrant for E-Discovery Software. This represents an important third-party endorsement of our offering. Looking ahead, we will continue to focus on enhancing our product offerings and acquiring new customers in the second half of fiscal 2012 and beyond.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV