- System-wide same-store sales grew 0.8%, which marks the fifth consecutive quarter that system-wide same-store sales have been positive, achieving two-year same-store sales of positive 2.8%.
- Opened nine franchised units, including two international units in the Dominican Republic and Canada.
- Signed largest international development agreement to date for 50 units in southern China.
- Franchise operating margin increased 0.8 percentage points to 66.0% compared with the prior year.
- Company restaurant operating margin increased 1.5 percentage points to 14.8% compared with the prior year.
- Adjusted EBITDA* margin increased 1.7 percentage points to 17.0% compared with the prior year.
- Net income of $4.6 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, was impacted by a charge to other nonoperating expense of $7.9 million as a result of the refinancing of our credit facility in April 2012.
- Adjusted Income Before Taxes* grew 34.6% to $12.9 million compared with the prior year.
- Free Cash Flow* increased 14.5% to $15.0 million compared with the prior year.
- Reduced outstanding term loan debt by $7 million to $183 million bringing Total Debt to Adjusted EBITDA Ratio below 2.5x.
- Repurchased 1.4 million shares in the second quarter bringing total shares repurchased since November 2010 to 8.1 million.
Denny’s Corporation Reports Results For Second Quarter 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.