Lake Shore Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company”) (NASDAQ Global Market: LSBK), the holding company for Lake Shore Savings Bank (the “Bank”), announced second quarter 2012 net income of $895,000, or $0.16 per diluted share, compared to net income of $987,000, or $0.17 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2011. The Company had net income of $1.902 million, or $0.33 per diluted share, for the six months ended June 30, 2012 and $1.937 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, for the six months ended June 30, 2011.
2012 Second Quarter and Year-to-Date Highlights:
- Deposits grew by $5 million, an annualized increase of 2.6% from December 31, 2011
- Non-interest bearing deposits grew an annualized 24.8% from December 31, 2011
- Commercial real estate loans grew an annualized 14.1% from December 31, 2011
- Stockholders’ equity increased $1.8 million, an annualized increase of 5.5% from December 31, 2011
- Strong and improved asset quality metrics
“Our solid second quarter earnings performance reflects our ongoing strategy of effectively managing our net interest margin and interest rate risk in this challenging low rate environment for financial institutions,” said Daniel P. Reininga, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Looking forward, we remain committed to meaningful growth in our commercial lending portfolio and to improving the efficiency of our delivery model.”
Net interest income was $3.8 million, for the second quarter of 2012 and 2011. Interest income was $5.0 million in the second quarter of 2012 compared to $5.2 million in second quarter 2011. The decrease in interest income for the current quarter was due to a $2.0 million decrease in average loan balances in comparison to the prior year quarter, and lower yields on investment securities. Interest expense for second quarter 2012 decreased by $220,000, or 15.6%, compared to the prior year quarter, as a result of a 22 basis-point decline in the rate paid by the Bank on deposits and borrowings, and a $1.6 million decline in the average balance of interest bearing liabilities. The reduction in interest bearing liabilities resulted from a $5.9 million reduction in average borrowings offset by a $4.3 million increase in average deposits.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV