Emmis Communications (EMMS) is a diversified media company, principally focused on radio broadcasting. This stock is trading up 4.6% at $2.25 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.11-$2.3752-Week Range: $0.58-$2.15 Volume: 398,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 371,747 From a technical perspective, EMMS has started to trigger a breakout trade here with the stock moving above some past overhead resistance levels at $2.14 to $2.18 with above average volume. This move is now quickly pushing EMMS within range of an even bigger breakout trade. That breakout will trigger once EMMS takes out its 2010 high of $2.45 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in EMMS as long as it's trending above $2.10 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 371,747 shares as bullish. If EMMS can sustain that trend, then this stock will have a great chance of re-testing and taking out that 2010 high of $2.45. If that level gets taken out soon, then EMMS could easily trade north of $3 in the near future. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV