SAN JOSE, Calif., July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced immediate availability of the Summer 2012 edition of Xcell Journal magazine, featuring in-depth looks at Xilinx's Virtex®-7 H580T, the world's first heterogeneous 3D FPGA, and the Artix™-7 A100T, the first device shipping from Xilinx's feature-rich, low-power, low-cost 28nm generation of All Programmable devices. Xcell Journal issue 80 is available as a one-click pdf download or in ISSUU eMagazine format (iPad compatible).
In addition to the cover story on the Virtex-7 H580T and Artix-7 devices, Xcell Journal issue 80 has several informative how-to and methodology articles. One of these insightful how-to articles, "The Basics of FPGA Mathematics," targets new users of FPGAs or those needing a refresher on the basic rules and methods involved with implementing mathematical functions in FPGAs. For more advanced users, the issue includes an insightful article in which two Italian engineers describe how they employed an advanced design method called partial dynamic reconfiguration to make an FSK demodulator. One of the many great methodology articles is entitled "FPGA-Based Instrumentation Withstands the Chill of Deep Space," in which authors describe the outstanding reliability of Xilinx FPGAs that they tested at extreme sub-zero temperatures.
"This issue of Xcell Journal highlights two new exciting devices from Xilinx's 28nm generation of All Programmable devices," said Xcell Journal publisher, Mike Santarini. "The Virtex-7 HXT marks a major milestone in semiconductor innovation and makes evident the power of 3D IC technology to speed up the pace of electronic innovation and enable marvelous new life-changing inventions. The Artix-7 is also an extremely impressive All Programmable FPGA family that will allow design groups to add professional-class, advanced functionality to their products and allow their companies to in turn deliver greater value to their customers."Xcell Journal Summer 2012 Edition Highlights Cover Story
- Artix-7 FPGA Brings High-End Value to Low-Cost Market
- FPGAs Head for the Cloud
- FPGA-Based Instrumentation Withstands the Chill of Deep Space
- Using Spartan® Technology to Support Green Energy Development
- Designing a 19nm Flash PCIe® SSD with Kintex™-7 FPGAs
- How Partial Dynamic Reconfiguration Helped Build an FSK Demodulator
- The Basics of FPGA Mathematics
- The FPGA Engineer's Guide to Using ADCs and DACs
- The Sky's the Limit for SSD Enterprise Storage Startup Skyera
- Xilinx FPGAs Improve Beamforming System Design
- Letter from the Publisher: Hardware-Assisted Prototyping: Make vs. Buy?
- Xtra Xtra: Your questions answered on the new Vivado™ Design Suite
- Xclamations! Supply a caption for our techy cartoon. - Three chances to win an Avnet Spartan-6 LX9 MicroBoard!
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts