Nearest Resistance: $7
Nearest Support: $5.50Catalyst: Hard Drive Sales, STX Sympathy Move Computer RAM maker Micron Technology (MU) is seeing its shares up more than 5% this afternoon after the firm announced that one of its key subsidiaries would begin selling hard disk drives. Coupled with high-profile record sales numbers at Seagate, Micron is getting ample attention in today's market session from the news. And that bodes extremely well for Micron shareholders in the next week or two. While Micron has been under pressure in 2012, tumbling more than 15% in the last six months, shares are currently forming a double bottom at $5.50. The breakout level to watch is $7 -- that's the price where I'd want to be a buyer for technical reasons alone. With buyers showing their willingness to pick up shares at higher prices today, MU is going to be a solid stock to keep an eye on. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV