NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT) hit a new 52-week high Tuesday as it is currently trading at $66.81, above its previous 52-week high of $66.80 with two million shares traded as of 11:15 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 7.1 million shares over the past 30 days. Abbott has a market cap of $104.46 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 18.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Abbott Laboratories engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and sale of health care products worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.6, equal to the average drugs industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about ABT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV