If we're talking Zynga, we can't forget about Facebook (FB). Facebook has been drawing its fair share of unwanted attention from its own post-IPO drama, and the verdict is the same: sell this stock.
Just like Zynga, Facebook dropped dramatically late last week, sliding close to 20% after the firm announced an in-line earnings report. Facebook's performance post-IPO has at least been consistent. Shares made their all-time high at the get-go, falling ever since with a series of higher lows.
While a reasonably strong support level had been set at $26 back in June, any buying pressure below that price got sapped on Friday when shares gapped down to test new lows in the low $22 range. For the exact same reasons as Zynga, Facebook's gap down is a signal to stay away from shares.Even worse, Facebook opted to take advantage of what they thought was good IPO sentiment by offering even more shares to the public. That means that FB has a much bigger float than other sell-worthy stocks like Zynga, a factor that could hike shorting (and thus increase selling pressure) in Facebook. I'd strongly recommend against going bargain-hunting in this stock. For another take on Facebook, it shows up on a list of 3 of Wall Street's Future $100 Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV