- New version will be available for all Jelly Bean Android tablets
TORONTO, July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Score Media Inc. (TSX: SCR) today launches its popular free sports app ScoreMobile® for Google's Nexus 7 tablet.
Already available for the iPad, PlayBook and Kindle Fire, as well as for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone smartphones, ScoreMobile has become one of the must-have apps for sports fans, reaching 3.5 million unique users each month.
"The Nexus 7 is a bold step in the Android tablet space, so we're delighted to be able to bring the ScoreMobile experience to this exciting new device," said Dale Fallon, VP Digital Products, Score Media Inc. "ScoreMobile continues to be a success story because of its ease-of-use, breadth of sports coverage and personalization features, which make it a perfect fit for the Nexus 7."Built using a combination of HTML5 and native Android technology, ScoreMobile Tablet will be compatible with all future Jelly Bean versions of Android tablets. It will provide users with the option to experience the app in both landscape and portrait while offering the kind of features which have made ScoreMobile one of the world's leading free sports apps, including:
- Personalized navigation with "My Score"
- Game view offering scores, stats and Twitter streams
- Interactive live blogs during key games
- TV segments and video highlights for selected leagues
- Integrated social sharing tools