MILPITAS, Calif., July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LSI Corporation (NYSE: LSI) today announced enhanced features for its SandForce® SF-2200/2100 Client Flash Storage Processors (FSPs) specifically designed to satisfy the stringent power consumption requirements of Ultrabooks™ while also providing the superior performance benefits of flash-based technology.
LSI Flash Storage Processors are the intelligence that manages flash memory in solid state drives (SSDs) and delivers the performance and power efficiency benefits needed for the fast-growing Ultrabook market segment. The new LSI SandForce power management optimizations enable SSD manufacturers to develop drives that extend battery life and reduce system resume times, critical requirements in today's growing class of thin-and-light Ultrabook platforms. Fueling increased adoption of SSDs, the Ultrabook market is forecasted to grow at a compounded rate of 92 percent through 2017 1.
"Client computing customers are increasingly turning to the benefits of flash-based products to accelerate application performance and deliver an enhanced user experience," said Jim Handy, SSD analyst for Objective Analysis. "With their high performance and sleek, lightweight designs, Ultrabooks are experiencing strong growth, and the power and performance benefits enabled by flash storage processors such as LSI's SandForce FSPs are a key part of the appeal."With the improved features, LSI SandForce SF-2141, SF-2241 and SF-2281 client FSPs offer strong benefits for Ultrabooks:
- Consume less power, providing as much as one hour longer battery life 2
- Enable faster system boot and wake times
- Meet the low Z-height product requirement of Ultrabooks
- Support SATA 6Gb/s host connectivity
- Address 24GBs to 512GBs of NAND flash memory
- Provide support for virtually all MLC flash product families
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV