- History of VirnetX's origins tracing back to Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), a Fortune 500 company, and PASW Inc., a developer of Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4). VirnetX emerged as a publicly traded company with significant experience and expertise in developing security solutions utilizing the domain name system (DNS). Combined with the assignment rights for two Class "B" Internet Address Blocks, VirnetX is in a unique position to enable secure communications for virtually all next-generation devices.
- Thorough examination of the company's intellectual property, including patents declared "essential" to Advanced 4G wireless standards (e.g. LTE-Advanced). Detailed analysis of the technology and next-generation networks demonstrates there are no feasible alternatives or workarounds to using VirnetX's inventions. The VirnetX patent portfolio will also be utilized by products and services that are not related to wireless standards. Therefore, exposure to FRAND obligations will be limited.
- Chronicling past and present litigation proceedings to identify key events and timelines. Litigation settlements and licensing agreements have been forged with Microsoft Corp. and Aastra USA, Inc. (A settlement and licensing agreement between VirnetX and Mitel Networks Corp. was announced after publication of this report.)
- Technology overview that highlights the evolution of next-generation networks. There will be a proliferation of devices that utilize VirnetX's technology, including mobile phones, tablets, laptop computers, network appliances, servers, routers, small cells and other infrastructure equipment. Additionally, other products will be connected through modules that enable televisions, cameras, blu-ray players, cars, homes, and even office buildings to utilize the secure communications technology of VirnetX.
- Monetization model that details multiple revenue streams including 4G product licensing and secure domain services licensing.
VirnetX Holding Corp. Named As Secure Communications Leader By Independent Research Paper
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.