Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADSK) has named California Analytical Instruments, Inc. (CAI) as the Autodesk July Inventor of the Month for using Autodesk Inventor software and other digital prototyping tools to develop gas analyzers and custom systems that help companies monitor and measure the emission of greenhouse gases.
California Analytical Instruments (CAI) uses Autodesk Inventor software to develop gas analyzers and custom systems that help monitor and the emission of greenhouse gases. (Photo: Business Wire)
CAI has more than 1,700 customers in various industries that use their gas analyzers and systems to monitor emissions from a wide variety of pollutant sources, including smokestacks, power plants, refineries and machines powered by internal combustion engines — a category that runs the gamut from automobiles to lawnmowers.
Additionally, CAI’s systems are used to monitor less obvious, but equally potent, sources of emission such as landfills, cattle ranches and even breweries and mushroom farms — all of which release significant amounts of methane, a highly potent greenhouse gas. CAI’s analyzers are capable of detecting methane — as well as other dangerous gases including carbon dioxide, ammonia, carbon monoxide and sulfur dioxide — to within just a few parts per million.
“The United States has set the worldwide standard for implementing regulations to minimize emissions, and increasingly lower measurement levels will require new and more sensitive technologies,” said Frank Smith, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for CAI. “CAI plans to be at the forefront of development of new products to meet these requirements, and continued use of tools such as Autodesk Inventor will play a major role in keeping our projects both on schedule and cost effective.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV