LIN TV Corp. (“LIN Media” or the “Company”; NYSE: TVL), a local multimedia company, today reported results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Summary of Results for the Second Quarter Ended June 30, 2012
- Net revenues increased 20% to $121 million, compared to $101 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Local revenues, which include net local advertising revenues, retransmission consent fees and TV station web site revenues, increased 14% to $74.3 million, compared to $65 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Net political revenues were $7.6 million, compared to $1.8 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Net national revenues increased 7% to $25.4 million, compared to $23.8 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Interactive revenues, which include revenues from RMM and Nami Media 1, increased 50% to $10.5 million, compared to $7 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Operating income increased 51% to $35 million, compared to $23.2 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Net income per diluted share was $0.48, including a gain of $0.21 on the sale of discontinued operations, compared to $0.02 in the second quarter of 2011.
Commenting on second quarter 2012 results, the Company’s President and Chief Executive Officer Vincent L. Sadusky said: “A healthy rebound in automotive advertising, our unique multiplatform advertising solutions and strong political demand were the major drivers for our 20% increase in net revenues, which exceeded the high-end of our revenue guidance. In addition, interactive revenues increased 50% and continue to be a significant source of growth and opportunity. The third quarter is trending well as a result of strong automotive, Olympics and political advertising, as well as our ability to generate interactive sales."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV