- Adjusted EPS of $0.38 excludes a LIFO credit of $0.05 per share.
- Oilseeds Processing performed well; the decline of $118 million was primarily due to the absence of significant favorable timing effects and weaker results in cocoa and other.
- Corn Processing results decreased $48 million as negative ethanol margins more than offset improved results from sweeteners and starches.
- Agricultural Services profit fell $222 million, as tight U.S. crop supplies impacted both export volumes and U.S. merchandising results.
- Other Financial results increased $11 million on lower insurance loss reserves.
- ADM returned $160 million to shareholders in the quarter. For the fiscal year, ADM returned nearly $1 billion to shareholders.
ADM Reports Fourth Quarter 2012 Earnings Of $284 Million Or $0.43 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts