Gross profit of $15.2 million increased $12.8 million in the second quarter 2012, due to U.S. Zomig® tablet sales, compared to the prior year period. Gross margin in the second quarter 2012 was 46%, up slightly over the prior year period. The second quarter 2012 gross margin was negatively impacted by the inclusion of $14.3 million in cost of revenues for amortization and acquisition-related costs due to the Zomig® transaction.
Total brand operating expenses in the second quarter 2012 increased $2.6 million, compared to the prior year period, due to higher SG&A expenses resulting from Zomig® marketing costs and the expansion of the Company’s neurology focused sales force, as well as pre-launch planning costs for Rytary TM, partially offset by lower R&D expenses.
Corporate and Other
|(unaudited, amounts in thousands)||
Three Months Ended
Six Months Ended
|General and administrative expenses||$||14,844||$||11,553||$||28,643||$||24,407|
|Loss from operations||$||(14,844)||$||(11,553)||$||(28,643)||$||(24,407)|
General and administrative expenses in the second quarter 2012 increased $3.3 million, compared to the prior year period, primarily due to employee severance and increased personnel expenses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV