Gross profit of $15.2 million increased $12.8 million in the second quarter 2012, due to U.S. Zomig® tablet sales, compared to the prior year period. Gross margin in the second quarter 2012 was 46%, up slightly over the prior year period. The second quarter 2012 gross margin was negatively impacted by the inclusion of $14.3 million in cost of revenues for amortization and acquisition-related costs due to the Zomig® transaction.
Total brand operating expenses in the second quarter 2012 increased $2.6 million, compared to the prior year period, due to higher SG&A expenses resulting from Zomig® marketing costs and the expansion of the Company’s neurology focused sales force, as well as pre-launch planning costs for Rytary TM, partially offset by lower R&D expenses.
Corporate and Other
|(unaudited, amounts in thousands)||
Three Months Ended
Six Months Ended
|General and administrative expenses||$||14,844||$||11,553||$||28,643||$||24,407|
|Loss from operations||$||(14,844)||$||(11,553)||$||(28,643)||$||(24,407)|
General and administrative expenses in the second quarter 2012 increased $3.3 million, compared to the prior year period, primarily due to employee severance and increased personnel expenses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV